Oh how we love a ribbon curtain! Perfect for windows, doors, or to take photos in front of. Learn how to make your own with our easy-to-follow step-by-step guide and vivify your home or special occasion.
- Step 1: With your tape measure, measure how wide and high you want your ribbons to span.
- Step 2: Next, choose what you’d like to hang your ribbons on, making sure it’s the right length to fit the area. Annabel used canes, but our 9mm Cord is also great for the job and comes in lots of colours.
- Step 3: Have fun picking some gorgeous Ribbons and/or Lace, paying close attention to the width and length of those you choose so that you have the perfect amount to fit. Remember to take into account the length ribbon you’ll use to attach it to your cane or cord.
- Step 4: Cut your strips of ribbon and lay them out in the pattern you want to attach them in.
- Step 5: Leaving about 5 inches either side of your cane or cord, stitch, glue, or tie your ribbons in place, one after another. The gap on either side is so you can easily attach the ribbon backdrop wherever you need to, be it in your doorway or window as a curtain, at your party as a photo backdrop, or dressing up a plain wall at your wedding.
Have you made a ribbon curtain/photo backdrop? Tag us in your photos on social media @vvrouleaux – we love seeing and liking your snaps!